You can have Pumpkin Cake using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Cake
- It’s of shortening.
- Prepare of sugar or sugar substitute, such as splenda.
- You need of eggs, separated (can also use egg substitute).
- Prepare of sifted flour (gluten-free or regular).
- You need of baking powder.
- It’s of xanthum gum, if using gluten-free flour.
- You need of baking soda.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of ground cloves.
- You need of allspice.
- It’s of nutmeg.
- It’s of cinnamon.
- Prepare of pumpkin.
- You need of Buttermilk, dairy free option in step 6.
- It’s of cream cheese frosting.
Pumpkin Cake step by step
- Beat egg whites until stiff, set aside..
- Cream shortening & sugar. Add yolks & beat well. Add dry ingredients alternately with pumpkin & Buttermilk. Fold in egg whites..
- Pour into greased 13×9 pan..
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes..
- Let cool completely. Then spread cream cheese frosting..
- For dairy free Buttermilk, add enough milk of your choice to 1 tbsp white vinegar or lemon juice to make 1 cup. Stir, then let sit for 5 minutes..
recipe by Stephanie Goldman @cookpad