Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup.
You can make Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup using 36 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup
- Prepare of Vegetables.
- Prepare of Carrots, shredded or diced.
- It’s of small, Napa cabbage (or see the optional ingredients below. I use Napa for the crunch, but Kale adds special flavor. Spinach is good too).
- You need of Celery.
- Prepare of small, Turnip.
- It’s of Broccoli, trimmed of stems.
- It’s of (28 oz) whole, peeled, Tomatoes, crushed by hand.
- You need of small, Onion.
- It’s of Leeks, trimmed of most of the green.
- You need of Cilantro (one).
- Prepare of medium, Potatoes.
- It’s of corn, sweet, gold, drained.
- It’s of basil (two).
- You need of Mushrooms, Shiitake.
- Prepare of Mushrooms, baby Bella.
- Prepare of Garlic, peeled, smashed.
- You need of Base.
- Prepare of curry paste (to taste, whatever color you want).
- It’s of Coconut milk, preferably full fat (have 2 extra cans on hand).
- You need of Stock, or Broth, vegetable (have 2 extra cups on hand, either bought in a carton, or self-prepared, your call).
- Prepare of Butter (or the equivalent Vegan saturated fat substitute).
- It’s of Cookware.
- It’s of Stockpot (it might work with a 12qt, but you're cutting it close, if you don't scale down a little).
- Prepare of Spices.
- Prepare of Basil (its listed on the veggies too, but trust me, it's an excellent garnish).
- Prepare of cilantro (same as basil, add while cooking, or just garnish).
- Prepare of Coriander (as needed really, to taste).
- It’s of ground cumin (again, as needed, to taste).
- Prepare of Salt (like all soup, salt adds a lot to this dish, be creative with how you salt it up).
- You need of white pepper.
- Prepare of cracked, Red Pepper.
- You need of Starch.
- Prepare of preparer's favorite noodle, starch, rice, potato, pasta, or vegetable. Or none at all..
- Prepare of Optional.
- You need of Kale, chopped.
- It’s of Spinach.
Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup step by step
- Chop all veggies to the desired size. I do my onions, leeks, celery, carrots small. The potatoes, turnips large. The rest medium..
- Brown Onions in the butter or vegan equivalent, in your big stockpot..
- Add coconut milk, garlic, curry paste, potatoes, turnips, all spices (except basil and cilantro) to browning onions. Bring to low boil over medium+ heat. 30 minutes. Stir often, don't burn..
- I use this time to prepare my starch. Egg Noodles are good, soba and / or rice noodles are wonderful too. What do YOU feel like tonight? Rice? Orzo?.
- Add carrots, celery, leeks, stock or broth (stock to taste – its here you decide how soupy you want your meal to be). Boil for 15 minutes more. Stir occasionally..
- Add corn, tomatoes, napa cabbage (or optional kale, spinach wait until the next step), any additional salt spices, coconut milk, or broth, and boil for 15 more minutes. Stir occasionally..
- Bring mixture to just below boil. Add spinach, one half bunch of cilantro, if you're using it. Add your mushrooms, broccoli, and basil. Cook until broccoli and mushrooms are soft. Don't stir too much..
- Serve. Enjoy. Use garlic/chile paste, soy sauce, Sriracha, hoisin, for additional flavor. Garnish with cilantro and basil..
recipe by aaron.mittelmeier @cookpad