Salted caramel peanut butter truffles.
You can have Salted caramel peanut butter truffles using 5 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Salted caramel peanut butter truffles
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Medjool dates, pitted.
- You need 2 1/2 tbsp of melted coconut oil, divided.
- You need 3/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of smooth peanut butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips.
Salted caramel peanut butter truffles step by step
- If your dates aren't sticky and super moist when squeezed, soak in hot water for 15 minutes. Then drain thoroughly and pit. Otherwise, just pit and add to a food processor..
- Add 1 Tbs of melted coconut oil and mix. If it's not quite combining, drizzle warm water 1 tsp at a time, scraping down the sides as needed, and mix until a rough paste or ball forms. (If you add too much water, it will be difficult to handle them later as they won't freeze up well.).
- Add 3/4 tsp sea salt and mix once more to incorporate. Taste and adjust the saltiness level if desired..
- Freeze for 30 minutes or until no longer warm and pliable enough to scoop into balls..
- Using a melon baller or a teaspoon and your finger, scoop out small balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and freeze for another 20-30 minutes to set..
- Add peanut butter and 1/2 Tbs coconut oil to a mixing bowl and microwave to melt (or heat in a small saucepan)..
- Remove truffles from freezer and drizzle with warmed peanut butter. Freeze again for another 30 minutes, or until the peanut butter has formed a semi-firm "shell.".
- Warm the chocolate chips over a double boiler or in the microwave in 30 second increments with remaining 1 Tbs coconut oil..
- Remove truffles from freezer and, using a fork, scoop truffles up and quickly immerse in chocolate, using a small spoon to drizzle chocolate evenly on top. Then gently shake off excess chocolate and place back on parchment-lined baking sheet..
- Top with a small sprinkle of sea salt (optional), and repeat until all truffles are coated..
- Place back in freezer or fridge to set – about 30 minutes. Serve straight from the freezer or fridge. Let set out for 20 minutes to soften. Store in a freezer-safe container in the fridge or freezer to keep fresh..
recipe by vickysidler @cookpad