You can make Yellow Cupcakes using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Yellow Cupcakes
- Prepare 2 of large eggs, separated and at room temperature.
- Prepare 2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour, sifted.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tsp. of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 3/4 cup of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature.
- It’s 1 3/4 cups of granulated sugar.
- You need 3 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 cup of whole milk, at room temperature.
- You need of Frosting of choice.
Yellow Cupcakes instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and set it aside..
- In a medium bowl, use a hand mixer to whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form, about 2-3 minutes. You want them to be very fluffy, with no liquid remaining in the bowl. Set this aside..
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set this aside..
- Using either a hand mixer or a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter on high speed until it is smooth and creamy, about a minute or so. Then add the sugar and beat together for 3-4 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the egg yolks and vanilla and beat until combined..
- Turn the mixer to low speed and alternate adding the dry ingredients in 3 batches and the milk in 2. Start and end with the dry. Mix each until just incorporated..
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the egg whites. The batter should be slightly thick, smooth and velvety..
- Scoop the batter into the cupcake liners, filling each about halfway. Bake for 17-21 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the centers come out clean. Let them cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove them to a wire rack to cool completely..
- Once they are completely cool, frost them with your favorite frosting recipe. Store covered for 3-4 days..