Feng Li Su.
You can make Feng Li Su using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Feng Li Su
- You need 250 grams of cake flour (1.92 US cups).
- Prepare 60 grams of powdered sugar (1/2 US cup).
- It’s 1/4 cup of fat free milk powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of custard powder.
- It’s 180 grams of cold, unsalted butter (3/4 US cup, cut into small pieces).
- You need 2 of egg yolks.
- Prepare of Filling.
- Prepare 2 cans of crushed pineapples (20 ounce cans, drained).
- Prepare 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of corn syrup.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of honey.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour.
Feng Li Su instructions
- In a medium-sized, nonstick saucepan, add your pineapples. Bring to a simmer and cook until the mixture thickens and the liquid evaporates, which usually takes 20 minutes.
- Stir in the sugar, corn syrup, and honey. Cook mixture until it becomes quite thick, which usually takes 40 minutes. Remember to stir occasionally.
- Stir in the flour and cook for an additional 15 minutes. Pour filling into a bowl and cover it with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least an hour. The filling must be completely cooled before using it again.
- To make the dough, add all the ingredients (except the eggs) into a food processor for 2 minutes until the mixture turns into dough balls.
- Add the eggs to the dough and pulse until the dough becomes smooth, which usually takes 1 minute.
- Scoop out 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough and roll into a ball with your hands. Repeat until all dough is used up. Take out the filling and do the same with 1 tablespoon per scoop (unlike 1 1/2 tablespoons for the dough).
- Grab some small square molds and brush their insides with oil.
- Grab a sheet of plastic wrap. Take out a dough ball and set it on the sheet. Press down on the dough with your hand until it becomes thin and round, but big enough to place the filling onto.
- Place a ball of filling onto the dough and cover up the filling with the dough, sealing the edges on top.
- Place your square molds on the sheet and place your dough inside the mold. Try to smooth the surface of your dough. Spread the dough ball so it takes up the entire mold. Smooth the top and bottom of your dough..
- Place the mold onto a baking sheet (or something similar) and preheat your oven to 350F (176.667C), while your oven is heating up, finish the rest of your cakes.
- Bake for 25 minutes and take out of the oven. Set out for 15 minutes to cool off. Take the cakes out of their molds.
recipe by I_Like_Languages @cookpad