Buttercream icing. Our favorite creamy and fluffy buttercream frosting that is still perfect for piping and decorating. All Reviews for Quick and Almost-Professional Buttercream Icing. Buttercream icing is a rich, creamy topping for cakes and cupcakes.
Buttercream frosting is a staple for cupcakes, cakes and many other baked goods. Use this simple buttercream icing recipe to decorate your birthday cakes, cupcakes and sandwich biscuits. Try adding a little food colouring gel for a splash of colour to your buttercream. You can cook Buttercream icing using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Buttercream icing
- Prepare 2 sticks (8 ounces) of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- Prepare 1/2 of vanilla bean (halved crosswise), split lengthwise.
- It’s 5 1/2 cups (650 g) of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1-2 tablespoons of whole milk.
This buttercream icing is still is amazing, melt in your mouth, whippy, ultimate swirly cupcake worthy. It was fantastic on the homemade chocolate cake I made to go with it the very first time I whipped it up. The Publix Buttercream Icing recipe is perfection! And if you are not making it, you are missing out on one of the best butterceam icing recipes around.
Buttercream icing step by step
- In a stand mixer with the whisk or paddle attachment, beat the butter on high speed for at least 5 minutes, until the butter has lightened in color and is thoroughly whipped..
- Using the tip of a sharp knife, scrape the vanilla seeds into the butter and beat to incorporate..
- Add 1 cup of the sugar and begin mixing on low speed to combine, then beat on high speed or about 2 minutes..
- Repeat this process 1 cup at a time until all the sugar has been added. Add milk a dash at a time if the mixture becomes too thick or dry. Scrape down the sides as needed and make sure no sugar is visible..
- The frosting will last for 1 month in the freezer, 2 weeks in the fridge, and 3 days at room temperature..
- My monster cake I made with help from my lil one..
This is THE Best Buttercream Frosting recipe and the only one we use. It is easy to make and anything you put it on will taste better. Gale Gand makes a guaranteed quick version of classic buttercream frosting. This classic buttercream icing recipe is the perfect way to top cakes and cupcakes. Master this basic recipe and then you can enjoy experimenting with lots of different flavours and colours.