Simple Buttermilk Biscuits. These easy buttermilk biscuits are a lazy weekend morning necessity at our house. We serve them with butter and homemade jam or smother them with sausage gravy. And when I'm not baking up a batch of biscuits for breakfast, I'm serving them alongside a bowl of soup or another cozy meal.
Making perfect, mile-high, tender, flaky biscuits is an art for sure. But it doesn't have to be super complicated. Not only are they easy, but they're also […] After baking hundreds of Southern buttermilk biscuit recipes, our Test Kitchen landed on this winning recipe for Our Favorite Buttermilk Biscuits. You can have Simple Buttermilk Biscuits using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Simple Buttermilk Biscuits
- It’s 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of butter, cubed and very cold.
- You need 1 cup of buttermilk.
This no-fail biscuit recipe will make you look like a pro, even if this is your first attempt at biscuit-making. The instructions below are precise for a reason and should be followed as written. These buttermilk biscuits are baked till golden, which gives them a nice crispy exterior. They have cotton-like soft peelable layers on the inside and a delicious buttery taste.
Simple Buttermilk Biscuits instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degees. Place flour, baking soda & powder and salt in food processed..
- I keep my butter in the freezer to get extra cold while gathering my other ingredients. Add butter to food processer and pluse 1-3 times until the mixture resembles coarse sand..
- Add buttermilk in batches, pulse after each addition of buttermilk. Stop pulsing when dough is just combined..
- Dump dough onto floured surface. Pat dough together, handling it as little as possible. Cut out biscuits, reuse the leftover dough by kneading a few times and patting out again. The biscuits made from rerolled dough will not be as fluffy as the first batch..
- Place biscuits on a non-stick baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 mins or until golden & fluffy..
- You can freeze these biscuits on baking sheet until frozen through. Place in storage bag to use at a later date. To bake from freezer, preheat oven to 400°F and bake for 20 mins..
And because these biscuits are so simple to make, you can easily enjoy them anytime you want. These Easy Buttermilk Biscuits are incredibly soft, tall, flaky, and buttery. Serve these with some jam, gravy, or your topping of choice for an easy and delicious breakfast! Growing up, my mom used to keep store-bought buttermilk biscuits on hand all of the time. This simple, made from scratch, butter biscuit recipe from Paula Deen is a Southern favorite for breakfast.