Coffee Walnut cake with Greek yogurt frosting.
You can make Coffee Walnut cake with Greek yogurt frosting using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Coffee Walnut cake with Greek yogurt frosting
- You need of Cake.
- Prepare of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare of yogurt (dahi).
- Prepare of baking powder.
- Prepare of baking soda.
- You need of brown sugar.
- You need of vegetable oil or butter.
- It’s of vanilla essence.
- You need of coffee powder hot water mixture.
- You need of chopped walnut.
- Prepare of chopped dark chocolate.
- You need of whole walnut for decoration.
- Prepare of Chocolate shaving.
- You need of Greek yogurt frosting.
- It’s of Greek yogurt/ hung curd.
- You need of milkmaid (condensed milk).
- It’s of cream.
- You need of vanilla essence.
Coffee Walnut cake with Greek yogurt frosting instructions
- In a bowl add yogurt and baking soda. Mix it well and leave it to bubble for 15min.
- In a bowl add sugar and oil, whisk it until it gets fluffy. Add vanilla essence, fermented yogurt and coffee mixture and whisk it until it gets combined.
- Sieve and add all the dry ingredients. Fold them with spatula gently until well combined. Add walnut and chocolate..
- Preheat the oven at 180deg, cover the bottom of the pan with butter paper so that it doesn't stick to the pan.add the batter in the baking pan and bake it at 180deg for 25min..
- For the Frosting take the Greek yogurt and let it's water drain from the fine cloth used to make paneer overnight or as long as you can in the refrigerator. Whisk the yogurt, cream, condensed milk and essence well until it increases in volume. All the ingredients should be cold even the bowl so that it foams like cream..
- After the cake is done, after it cools down add the frosting, walnut and chocolate shaving on top and serve..
recipe by Tanaya Rath @cookpad