Easy Chocolate Biscuit Pudding. This vintage recipe makes wonderful use of day-old biscuits, baking them with an easy custard to create this chocolate biscuit pudding. Serve this warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream! *It is time to make the coffee syrup. Place the biscuits in a serving dish and pour the syrup thoroughly so that all the biscuits are soaked by the syrup. *Now, top the biscuits with the pudding mixture which was kept aside.
Ingredients : Biscuit Cream Sugar This is very easy and simple recipe in this lock down. The simplest and easy recipe to make in this lockdown with only a few ingredients that are easily accessible. You can even put little Brandy in the chocolate but in a limited quantity. You can have Easy Chocolate Biscuit Pudding using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Easy Chocolate Biscuit Pudding
- You need of Main Ingredients.
- It’s 300 grams of Plain or Chocolate Biscuits.
- It’s 1 liter of Fresh Milk.
- You need 500 grams of Cooking Chocolate.
- It’s 20 grams of sugar.
- Prepare 4 cup of whipping cream(Optional).
- Prepare 1 cup of Cherries(Optional).
You can even use Parle-G but I would prefer Marie as the texture of this biscuit is different. Add the cocoa,sugar,butter,eggs, and vanilla and mix together. Fill the( arrange the biscuits in a round)bottom with soaked biscuits. Wait one or two minutes(to remove the hotness of the biscuits).
Easy Chocolate Biscuit Pudding step by step
- Add the sugar and milk to a bowl and slowly heat it till 80 degrees Celsius..
- Take the biscuits and put a layer of biscuits in a flat glass bowl..
- Pour small amounts of heated milk on top of each biscuit with a small spoon..
- Add another layer of biscuits on top of the previous one and repeat step 3..
- Take 100 grams of chocolate and melt it using double boil technique and add some milk to it till it becomes not so thick liquid and pour it over the 2 layers of biscuits till they are covered with the liquid..
- Add another layer of biscuits and repeat step 3..
- Melt 150 grams of chocolate till it becomes a thick liquid add 2 table spoons of milk to it stir well and pour of the biscuit layer till it is covered..
- Add another layer of biscuits and repeat step 3 and then repeat step 7..
- (Optional)Finally add a thick layer of whipping cream on top and place small red cherries all over.
- Finally cover the bowl with plastic wrap and keep in the freezer fo 4 to 5 hours..
- Before serving keep it out of freezer for 5 minutes or so and then serve..
Apply a very thin layer of chocolate icing. Make sure you cover the biscuit layer in the bottom also. Even beginner cooks can master these easy-to-make recipes. And this pudding, we call by numerous names – Sri Lankan biscuit pudding, chocolate biscuit pudding, Marie biscuit pudding – whatever you call it, any full blooded Sri Lankan would definitely know what you are talking about. Growing up in Sri Lanka, there was no sight as exciting as spotting multiple Marie biscuits packets on the counterpane.