Vegan Banana & Pineapple Cake With Dark Chocolate Chunks.
You can make Vegan Banana & Pineapple Cake With Dark Chocolate Chunks using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Banana & Pineapple Cake With Dark Chocolate Chunks
- It’s of For the batter:.
- It’s 1 of ripe banana, mashed,.
- It’s 100 g of pineapple pieces in natural juice, (chopped up if large),.
- It’s 200 g of plain flour,.
- It’s 100 g of caster sugar,.
- It’s 60 ml of vegetable oil,.
- It’s 60 ml of unsweetened almond milk, or other non dairy alternative,.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon,.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla essence,.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda,.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder,.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt,.
- Prepare of Spray oil for greasing (can use regular too but this is easier).
- It’s of Filling:.
- Prepare 45 g of vegan dark organic chocolate, cut into small chunks,.
- You need of To top:.
- It’s 1 of banana sliced lengthwise into halves,.
- You need 2 tsp of raw organic cacao nibs.
- You need of To serve (optional):.
- Prepare of Melted chocolate, for drizzling,.
- You need of Vegan marshmallows.
Vegan Banana & Pineapple Cake With Dark Chocolate Chunks instructions
- Preheat your oven to 180 (fan), or gas mark 6. Line the bottom of a loaf tin with a rectangle of greaseproof paper and spray the sides well with oil. You can also use regular oil but I find it much easier to use a spray one. Set aside..
- In a large mixing bowl add all of the dry ingredients first listed in the batter section of the ingredients list. Then add the wet ingredients and mix well but gently, until a smooth yet thick batter is formed..
- Add in the chunks of chocolate and fold in gently, ensuring not to overwork the batter too much, as this will result in a denser texture..
- Pour the mixture into your lined greased tin, and smooth out neatly up into all corners. Take the banana cut in half and lay it on top and push into the batter a bit so they are level with the top..
- Sprinkle over a few cacao nibs, then bake on the middle shelf of your oven for 50-60 minutes. Check with a cocktail stick or fine metal skewer by piercing into the centre to see if it's done. Leave to cool for a couple of minutes, loosen the sides using a knife And carefully turn out and leave to cool on a wire rack. Remember to peel off the paper from the base if it's not in the tin..
- Whilst the loaf is still hot from the oven you can place the marshmallows on top of the loaf to go all melty or as I did, serve with a slice on the side and a drizzle of melted chocolate over the top. It's fluffy, light, moist and super delicious. You'll find it hard to stop at just one slice! :).
recipe by Natalie Marten @cookpad