Slow-cooker Potato Soup.
You can have Slow-cooker Potato Soup using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow-cooker Potato Soup
- It’s of potatoes, scrubbed and diced to 1in pieces.
- It’s of carrot, raw and finely diced.
- It’s of celery, finely diced.
- You need of onion powder.
- It’s of garlic powder.
- Prepare of chicken stock.
- It’s of diced ham or smoked pork picnic shoulder (bought precooked).
- You need of evaporated milk (12oz).
- You need of dried potato flakes (instant mashed potatoes).
- It’s of cream cheese (8oz, softened).
- It’s of salt and pepper to taste.
Slow-cooker Potato Soup step by step
- Add all ingredients except cream cheese, milk, and potato flakes to 7 qt crockpot. Cook on HIGH 4-5 hours until potatoes are fork tender. Add cream cheese, milk, and potato flakes. Stir to combine CAREFULLY , crock pot will be VERY FULL. Taste soup and add desired salt and pepper. Put lid back on pot and continue to cook on high for 20-30 minutes (this ensures the cream cheese breaks down completely). Stir and serve..
- Notes : Easy with the salt as both the stock and ham will already be full of sodium. Potato flakes can be adjusted for desired consistancy. No, you don't peel the potatoes. To keep left overs and serve again, cool crock pot down at room temp and put in fridge overnight, an hour before serving heat on low. Do NOT leave on warm overnight or you'll just have a goopy pot of mashed potatoes..
recipe by smilebreak @cookpad