Scones With Just A Little Bit of Yeast.
You can make Scones With Just A Little Bit of Yeast using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Scones With Just A Little Bit of Yeast
- It’s 110 grams of Bread (strong) flour.
- Prepare 50 grams of Cake flour.
- You need 20 grams of Whole wheat flour.
- It’s 40 grams of Butter.
- Prepare 90 grams of Yogurt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Dried yeast.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Maple syrup.
- Prepare 20 grams of Walnuts.
- Prepare 50 grams of Raisins.
Scones With Just A Little Bit of Yeast instructions
- Cut the butter into small 1mm cubes (in order to mixed into the flour easily) It's hard to see, but they're cut in the photo..
- Mix together the yeast and the yogurt..
- Add all of the sugar to a bowl and mix in the maple syrup and the butter. Once they have been completely mixed in, add Step 2 and mix until small balls are formed..
- Stir in the walnuts and raisins and use your hands to blend everything together..
- Use a rolling pin to roll out until about 1.5cm thick. Divide in to 3 sections..
- Pile up the 3 pieces to form layers and push them together a little bit with your hand to blend..
- Wrap in plastic wrap and let sit in the refrigerator for 1 night. It will keep in the refrigerator for about 1 week..
- This photo shows the dough after 3 days resting in the refrigerator. Take the dough out of the refrigerator about 2-3 hours before baking in order for it to complete the 2nd rising. It will be about 1.5x it's original size..
- Cut into any shape you would like and bake for 20 minutes at 180°C..
- The center is fluffy and airy like bread, the outside is crisp and crunchy like a scone..
- It's difficult to tell from the photo, but the dough has layers..
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad