Cariocas with vanilla.
You can have Cariocas with vanilla using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Cariocas with vanilla
- It’s 200 g of crumbled sponge cake (from leftover cake).
- You need 700 g of dark chocolate.
- It’s half of spoonful of butter.
- Prepare 300 g of vanilla (mastic-flavoured sugar paste).
- You need 3/4 cup of syrup from a sweet preserve (bergamot is perfect).
- You need 300 of coarsely ground walnuts.
- You need 2 of tbsp cognac or whiskey.
Cariocas with vanilla instructions
- Melt 300 gr chocolate together with the vanilla using a bain-marie.Add the syrup, stir, add the cognac and stir again..
- Put the crumbled sponge cake in a bowl with the walnuts, add the chocolate mixture and stir well..
- Place the mixture in the fridge so that it tightens..
- Put the mixture onto a plastic wrap, roll it into a cylinder, wrap it well and place in the fridge for a day..
- Melt the rest of the chocolate (400 gr) in bain-marie together with the half spoonful of butter..
- Remove the plastic wrap and cut the roll into slices about half a centimeter each. We leave them for a while in the freezer till well frozen..
- Dip them into the chocolate (which we always keep over very low heat) using two forks..
- Lay them out on baking paper and let them cool for a few hours (or put them back in the freezer for a while)..
- Wrap the cariocas in aluminum foil and keep them in the fridge..
recipe by Cookpad Greece @cookpad