You can have 🍔🍟Vegan Burgers🍟🍔 using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 🍔🍟Vegan Burgers🍟🍔
- You need of drained tinned red kidney beans or mixed beans.
- You need of small grated carrot.
- You need of small onion, finely chopped.
- It’s of spring onion, finely sliced.
- You need of garlic cloves, crushed.
- Prepare of plain flour.
- Prepare of cumin powder.
- It’s of parsley, finely chopped.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- It’s of sweetcorn roughly chopped.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Black pepper freshly ground.
- Prepare of Oil for shallow-frying for the burgers.
🍔🍟Vegan Burgers🍟🍔 instructions
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over a moderate heat and sauté the onions and garlic for about 2 minutes..
- Add in the grated carrot, sweetcorn spring onions and cumin powder. Fry gently for another 5 minutes. Add in the flour and cook for another 1 minute..
- Put the beans into a large bowl and mash them with a potato masher. Add in the onion/carrots mixture, the parsley, and season with salt and pepper. Mix well. Form the mixture into 4 patties..
- Shallow fry the patties for about 2 minutes each side in medium-hot vegetable oil..
- #Tips: The burgers are quite fragile so need handling with care. They are best shallow-fried, but you can grill them. I definitely would not recommend putting them on a barbecue! You can substitute the pinto beans with any other cooked beans. You can also experiment with the herbs and spices that you add. This is another vesatile recipe!.
recipe by Irum Zaidi Home Cooking @cookpad