Paella – Valencia Style.
You can have Paella – Valencia Style using 34 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Paella – Valencia Style
- It’s 2 lbs of mild chorizo sausage small balls.
- It’s 2 lbs of chicken cubed.
- You need 2 lbs of prawns (or half and add clams or mussels).
- Prepare 2 of red peppers, julienned.
- You need 1 cup of frozen pkg frozen peas, thawed (optional).
- You need 1 cup of chick peas or 1 540 g can, drained and washed.
- It’s 3 cups of rice (parboiled rice or a good Paella rice found in most gourmet shops).
- It’s 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary.
- It’s 5 g of Spanish saffron.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need 2 litres of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 of bulb garlic, chopped fine.
- You need 1/2 cup of olive oil (extra virgin oil like Gallo.
- Prepare 1-2 tablespoons of fish sauce if you are not using a seafood broth.
- You need of Tools.
- It’s of Use cast iron or steel pan.
- You need of Wooden spoon to stir.
- Prepare of Paring knife (to remove garlic centre).
- Prepare of Sharp cutting knife or preferred chopping choice.
- Prepare of Bowls.
- It’s of Cutting board.
- You need of Ingredients for 8 people.
- You need 1 lb of chorizo sausage chopped or made into bite sized balls.
- Prepare 1 lb of chicken cubed.
- You need 1 lb of prawns.
- You need 1 lb of clams or mussels.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of thawed frozen peas.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of rice.
- You need 1 sprig of rosemary.
- It’s 2.5 grams of saffron.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 ltr of chicken or seafood broth.
- It’s 1 of bulb garlic.
- It’s 3/4 cup of olive oil.
Paella – Valencia Style step by step
- HINT If you have people sensitive to garlic before mincing garlic, take the heart out which is the green piece in the middle of the clove. Briefly sauté garlic and julienned peppers in 1/2 of the oil. For 5 minutes on medium heat. Add salt lightly, to taste. Remove peppers from pan and set aside. Leave garlic in pan..
- Sauté the chorizo sausage and the cubed chicken on medium heat for about 5 minutes, remember you are adding fresh ingredients to the pan so salt lightly for taste. Next add the rice. Saffron add 1 tsp of salt and the remaining oil. Sauté the ingredients in the pan for about 5 minutes. Even out the remaining ingredients in the pan and place the two sprigs of rosemary in the pan. Now you do not stir again..
- Add the warm chicken broth by using a ladle until the rice is covered in the pan. Do not dump the broth in as you want to keep the evenness of the rice on the bottom of the pan. Do not forget to add salt for taste. Scatter the chick peas evenly in the pan. Remember do not stir in. Let simmer for 20 minutes..
- Add shrimp and seafood of choice along with peas and re add peppers, arrange the remaining ingredients so that no mixing is required. Ddistributing evenly in pan..
- Cover with tinfoil and cook for approximately 10 minutes or until rice is cooked..
- HINTS – You can freeze the left over Paella but not for a long period of time. You could place in the oven to heat up. You can also re-fry the left over Paella in pan by adding some oil..
recipe by email@example.com @cookpad