Dad's Carrot Cake. How to make carrot cake from scratch. This cake is quick and easy to make, versatile and Lots of carrots make this the best carrot cake. I like to hand grate my carrots since I prefer the texture, but.
But honestly, carrot cake is such an incredible dessert and I think it should be enjoyed all year long. This carrot cake cake sets the standard for carrot cakes everywhere. It's deeply moist and filled with toasted pecans. You can make Dad's Carrot Cake using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dad's Carrot Cake
- You need of Cake.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 2 cup of plain flour.
- It’s 1 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 3 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped walnuts.
- Prepare 2 cup of grated carrot.
- It’s 1 can of crushed pineapple in juice, drained.
- You need of Cream Cheese Icing.
- Prepare 200 grams of cream cheese.
- You need 150 grams of butter.
- It’s 1 of zest and juice of 1 lemon.
- You need 1 of icing sugar.
Most of its flavor comes from brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and carrots. A wonderfully moist, perfectly spiced carrot cake recipe. We make Apple and Carrot Cake on this week's episode of Dad's Apron. This recipe is really easy to make and is a healthy, delicious snack/treat for at home.
Dad's Carrot Cake instructions
- preheat oven to 180ºC, grease and line a 20cm springform cake tin..
- beat eggs until frothy and add oil..
- sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and ginger, add sugar and fold through egg mixture..
- mix in walnuts, carrot and drained pineapple until combined..
- bake for approximately 45 minutes. cake should be dark golden on top and feel firm to the touch. set aside and allow to cool (as it is a very moist cake, I don't recommend testing it by inserting a knife or skewer as it won't come out clean, even when the cake is cooked).
- for the icing: combine room temperature butter and cream cheese with a food processor or electric mixer. add lemon juice and zest, then add icing sugar until it reaches your desired consistency (should be slightly runny as it firms up).
- once cake is mostly cool, ice and serve..
This To Die For Carrot Cake recipe receives rave reviews for it's unbelievable moistness and delicious flavor! Truly the BEST CARROT CAKE you'll ever try! Rich, moist and cinnamony, this old-fashioned cake recipe was handed down from our beloved Grandma It's a perfect way to use up a few carrots and an apple.and it's ideal for smaller families. Classic old-fashioned carrots cake often include pineapple. While ours doesn't include any, this recipe works well with it.