Vegan Chilli With Rice.
You can cook Vegan Chilli With Rice using 29 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Vegan Chilli With Rice
- Prepare of For the Mince.
- Prepare of dried soya mince.
- You need of boiling water.
- It’s of vegetable stock cubes (I used 2 and omitted salt).
- Prepare of olive oil.
- It’s of light soy sauce.
- You need of For The Chilli.
- You need of olive oil.
- It’s of large onion, thinly sliced.
- You need of dried mixed herbs.
- You need of dried rosemary.
- It’s of ground cumin.
- It’s of paprika.
- It’s of smoked paprika.
- It’s of chilli or cayenne pepper.
- It’s of sugar.
- You need of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare of kidney beans, drained.
- It’s of frozen corn.
- You need of tomato puree.
- It’s of cocoa powder.
- Prepare of ground sweet cinnamon.
- Prepare of Ground black pepper.
- It’s of Grated cheese.
- It’s of For The Rice.
- Prepare of Water.
- Prepare of oxo vegetable stock cube.
- You need of Frozen peas.
- It’s of Frozen cabbage.
Vegan Chilli With Rice step by step
- MINCE: Soak the soy mince in the boiling water along with the stock cubes and olive oil..
- In a large wok or saucepan heat the olive oil over medium high heat and fry the onions until lightly brown..
- Stir in the soaked mince then add the garlic, mixed herbs and rosemary. Fry for another few minutes. Stirring regularly..
- Add the paprika, smoked paprika, cumin, chilli pepper. Stir continously for about 30 seconds so the spices don't stick to the bottom..
- Add in the tomato can, kidney beans, sweet corn, tomato puree, sugar, cocoa powder and cinnamon. Season to taste with black pepper..
- Add water as needed if the chilli starts to dry out (I added approximately 200-300 ml extra of water)..
- Simmer over low heat for 45-60 minutes..
- In the mean time cook the rice. Soak the rice in a few changes of water until the water is clear to remove the starch. Note I didn't really measure to make the rice and just throw everything together..
- Bring water to boiling point with a vegetable oxo cube..
- Add in the rice and cook for 5 minutes..
- Next add the cabbage and peas and continue to cook until rice is fully cooked through..
- Plate the rice, then top with the chilli and sprinkle cheese. Serve immediately..
recipe by Andrea @cookpad