Cinnamon Nut Crumble Apple Muffins.
You can make Cinnamon Nut Crumble Apple Muffins using 19 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Cinnamon Nut Crumble Apple Muffins
- It’s of For the crumble layer:.
- It’s 40 grams of Unsalted butter.
- It’s 50 grams of ★ Cake flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ★ Cinnamon powder.
- It’s 40 grams of ★ White sugar.
- Prepare 40 grams of Your choice of nuts (walnuts, almonds, cashew nuts, etc.).
- You need of For the caramelized apples:.
- It’s 1 of Apple.
- You need 50 grams of White sugar.
- It’s 7 grams of Butter.
- Prepare of Muffin batter:.
- Prepare 85 grams of ☆ Cake flour.
- You need 35 grams of ☆ Bread (strong) flour.
- You need 1 tsp of ☆ Cinnamon powder.
- Prepare 4 grams of ☆ Baking powder.
- It’s 35 grams of Butter.
- Prepare 80 grams of Honey.
- You need 35 grams of Plain yogurt.
- Prepare 1 of medium-large Egg.
Cinnamon Nut Crumble Apple Muffins step by step
- To prepare the crumble, put the chilled butter in a bowl, and using a fork or a dough cutter, chop into tiny pieces. Sift in the ★ ingredients..
- Use your fingers to work the butter into the dry ingredients to make the crumble, taking care not to form large clumps. Add the nuts..
- Feel free to use your choice of nuts. I use 35 g of a blend of chopped walnuts, almond slices, and cashew nuts..
- Wrap the crumble in plastic wrap, then chill in the refrigerator to harden. That completes the preparation of the crumble..
- To prepare the caramelized apple, roughly chop the apple into 4 cm chunks. Put the chopped apple and sugar into a sauce pan and heat over medium-high heat..
- Once the apple starts to become shiny and the juice is cooked out, stir in the butter. When the apples absorb the butter, transfer to a bowl or tray to cool..
- To make the muffin batter, microwave the butter to soften. Keep your eye to make sure it doesn't melt. (Or, you can bring it to room temperature in advance.).
- Put the softened butter in a bowl, then thoroughly beat it with a whisk until creamy. Add the honey and mix well..
- Next, add the yogurt and whisk. It will separate, but don't worry. Then, break in the egg, and thoroughly mix. It will also separate, but that is no need for concern..
- Preheat the oven to 170℃..
- Sift the ☆ ingredients into the batter. Use a whisk to mix until lumps are gone and it is completely smooth. Do not over mix..
- The caramelized apples should have cooled by Steps 9-11. Add the syrupy liquid from the apples to the batter, and stir it in..
- The batter is complete. Fill the muffin cups 50-60% full with the batter, then pack in the apples..
- Remove the crumble from the refrigerator, then using your fingers, crumble on top of each muffin, pressing down very gently as you go..
- The crumble will stick to the muffins as they bake, and will not fall out. There's no need to pack the crumble into the batter..
- Bake for about 30 minutes in 170℃ preheated oven. They're done when a skewer inserted comes out clean..
- There you have a crunchy and aromatic muffin with sweet apples and a moist inside. They're pleasingly delightful muffins and a perfect complement to a strong cup of coffee..
- I recommend cooling completely before eating for a better textured crumble, and overall better flavor..
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad