You can have Jaggery-Wheat Cake using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Jaggery-Wheat Cake
- It’s 2 cups of Whole Wheat Flour (Atta).
- You need 1.5 cup of Jaggery/ shakkar.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Butter.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Curd.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Baking powder.
- You need 1.5 tsp of Baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Ginger powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Vanilla Essence.
- You need of Fruits & Nuts:.
- You need 1/2 cup of Nuts (walnuts, almonds etc).
- It’s 1 cup of Dried Fruits, chopped (Raisins, black berries, apricots, figs, dates, cashews).
- Prepare as needed of Fruit Juice (Mixed Fruit or orange).
Jaggery-Wheat Cake step by step
- Soak all dried fruits in fruit juice for 2 hours. Sieve all dry ingredients in a bowl – Whole wheat flour, baking soda and powder, cinnamon powder, ginger powder..
- Add soaked dried fruits along with half quantity of almonds and walnuts. In separate bowl, add oil, curd, vanilla essence..
- Melt jaggery in microwave for one min with interval of 30 sec and add into the mixture to form a smooth puree..
- Add both dry and wet ingredients to form a thick batter. Add little milk, if batter gets too thick.Add Vanilla essence. Grease a baking dish and pour the cake batter in it. Sprinkle some crushed nuts on top of the batter..
- Grease a baking dish and pour the cake batter in it. Sprinkle some crushed nuts on top of the batter..
- Preheat OTG or oven to 350F/180c Bake for 30-35 mins until the top turns a dark brown and when a skewer inserted into the cake comes out with dry crumbs..
- The top will look like it’s overdone but don’t worry, make sure the inside is also completely cooked.Cut on getting cold.Yummy and healthy..
recipe by Sadhana Mohindra @cookpad