Lemon, Raspberry and Almond Cupcakes. Almond Cupcakes with Raspberry Cream Cheese Frosting These gluten free pink cupcakes are great for a party to raise funds for breast cancer awareness and research, but I can also image them at a baby shower, a wedding shower, a birthday party, or another special event. These Lemon Cupcakes with Raspberry Buttercream Frosting are absolutely delicious! I think cupcakes have to be one of my favorite things to create and photograph for this blog.
Combine lemon juice, milk, egg whites, almond extract, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl. If you prefer a very lemony cake, I highly suggest adding the extract to both the lemon raspberry cake batter as well as the frosting. To make the raspberry curd: Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. You can make Lemon, Raspberry and Almond Cupcakes using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Lemon, Raspberry and Almond Cupcakes
- It’s 200 g of self-raising flour.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 200 g of unsalted butter, softened.
- Prepare 4 of egg.
- It’s 200 g of caster sugar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of milk.
- It’s 50 g of ground almond.
- Prepare of zest of 1 lemon.
- Prepare 150 g of punnet raspberry.
- You need of For the icing-.
- You need 250 g of icing sugar.
- Prepare 80 g of butter at room temperature.
- It’s Squeeze of lemon juice.
- It’s 25 ml of whole milk.
- You need of Zest of 1 lemon.
Add the raspberries, egg yolks, sugar and salt, and cook, mashing the berries. These Lemon Raspberry Almond Muffins are the best compliment of flavors that I could put together. The almond flavors come from both an extract and sliced almonds in the streusel. There is fresh squeezed lemon juice in the muffin batter and fresh raspberries mixed in as well.
Lemon, Raspberry and Almond Cupcakes instructions
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper muffin cases..
- Mix together the butter and sugar..
- Add the flour, baking powder, lemon and ground almond..
- Mix in the eggs one at a time..
- Spoon into the cases. Once filled individually add 1 and half raspberries into each cases lightly crushing them before they go in, poking them down into the cake. (You can fold the raspberries into the mixture before putting them into the cases however I wanted an equal distribution of them).
- Bake for 20-25 mins or until golden and just firm. Leave to cool completely before icing..
- Make the icing by mixing the icing sugar and butter together. Once it starts to come together add the milk, lemon zest and juice..
- Pipe the frosting on, adding a raspberry on top..
This muffin batter is one of my favorites because it's very versatile. Kids happily gobble up these scrumptious treats without a second thought. Whether you're making these for a family dinner, fancy party, or just as a snack, these lemon cupcakes will fit the bill! Raspberries on the inside and lemon icing on top, the addition of almonds means the lemon within the sponge subtly comes through. Both times there wasn't a slice of cake left.