Banana Nut Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting.
You can cook Banana Nut Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting using 19 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Banana Nut Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
- You need of Cake:.
- Prepare 3 cups of AP flour.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 10 tbs of butter at room temperature.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 5 of medium to large bananas mashed.
- You need 1 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk (I used nonfat).
- It’s 1 cup of crushed pecans or walnuts (I used pecans).
- Prepare of Frosting:.
- It’s 8 oz of cream cheese at room temperature.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 2 cups of powder sugar.
Banana Nut Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- Combine flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon in a medium mixing bowl..
- In a separate large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy..
- Beat in vanilla and eggs to butter mixture..
- Stir in the mashed bananas in the butter mixture..
- Mix in the sour cream, milk and 1/2 of the flour mixture to butter mixture..
- When finished, mix in rest of the flour mixture to butter mixture..
- Fold in crushed pecans (or walnuts) to batter..
- Pour batter in a 9 by 13 inch lightly sprayed baking dish and bake 35 minutes or until done. Depending upon your elevation, it took me 35 minutes exactly..
- For the frosting, cream together the cream cheese, butter and vanilla..
- Add the powder sugar and if using an electric mixture, blend at medium speed until creamy and smooth texture..
- Add the powder sugar and if using an electric mixer, set to medium and blend away until texture is smooth and creamy..
- Enjoy :).
recipe by Brandy T. @cookpad