Easter Egg Baskets.
You can make Easter Egg Baskets using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easter Egg Baskets
- It’s 11/2 tablespoons of instant dry yeast.
- Prepare 11/2 cups of warm milk.
- It’s 1 cup of granulated sugar + 1 teaspoon.
- It’s 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- You need 7 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 12 of boiled eggs.
- You need 1 of egg for egg wash.
- You need 1 teaspoon of water.
Easter Egg Baskets step by step
- In a large bowl add flour, yeast, salt and sugar. Whisk to combine.
- In a different bowl add warm milk and butter. Stir until butter melts. Pour butter mixture into the flour. Add in the 3 beaten eggs.
- Knead the dough for 8-12 minutes until dough becomes smooth and elastic. When you press your finger into the dough it should slowly bounce back.
- Transfer dough to the buttered/oiled bowl cover with a damp kitchen towel and let it proof in a warm place for 11/2 hours until doubled in size.
- Punch down dough after proofing. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and divide into 14 pieces.
- Form 12 round buns. Place the buns onto a baking tray. Press down the center of each bun with a tablespoon to form a hollow in the middle.
- Gently press a boiled egg into that hollow for each of the buns.
- Shape the remaining dough into two long thin rolls about 13 inches long. Cut each strip into 12 pieces. You will have 24 strips..
- For each of the bun form a cross over each egg and tuck at the bottom of the egg..
- Beat the egg and teaspoon of water and generously brush the bun and cross with the egg wash avoiding the eggs.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until buns are golden brown.
recipe by Mulunga Alukwe @cookpad