Butter pecan snowball cookies (Mexican wedding cookies). Turn to low and mix in salt, vanilla, flour and pecans. We thought it was about time we shared the recipe to one of our traditional Christmas cookie recipes, Mexican Wedding Cookies (or Snowballs!). These shortbread-style cookies taste just like a pecan sandie, but instead of being hard and crunchy they are soft and buttery.
I'm sure there are some other name droppers out there…there has to be! Skill Level: Beginner Techniques Used: How to Toast Pecans Pecan snowball cookies are one of the easiest holiday cookies you can make! These cookies are also sometimes known as Mexican wedding cookies. You can cook Butter pecan snowball cookies (Mexican wedding cookies) using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Butter pecan snowball cookies (Mexican wedding cookies)
- It’s 1 cup of butter softened.
- Prepare 1/2 c of powder sugar.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 1/4 cups of flour.
- Prepare 1 c of finely chopped pecans.
- You need 1 c of powdered sugar for dusting.
Using a handheld mixer, cream the cream cheese and butter together until well blended, creamy and smooth. Beat in the sugar, vanilla extract, and salt, and mix until light and fluffy, scraping the bowl with a rubber spatula when necessary. Or Mexican Wedding Cookies} These are the EASIEST, most tender, melt-in-your-mouth Snowball Cookies you'll EVER have! Whether you call them Snowballs, Mexican Wedding or Russian Tea Cakes, your entire family is sure to love this phenomenal Christmastime classic.
Butter pecan snowball cookies (Mexican wedding cookies) step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In stand mixer cream butter and powdered sugar. Turn to low and mix in salt, vanilla, flour and pecans. Roll into one inch balls. Place on parchment covered baking sheets a few inches part. Bake for 11 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool just enough to handle them. Pour 1 cup powdered sugar in large Ziploc bag. Gently add 3-4 cookies at a time and roll them gently in the bottom of the bag. Use fork to scoop under each cookie and gently shake to remove excess powdered sugar. Place on cooling racks. Once completely cooled roll in powdered sugar bag again.
Mexican Wedding Cookies, Russian Tea Cakes, Sugar Butter Balls, Polvorones, Snowball Cookies, Egyptian Feast Cookies, Nut Butter Balls, Norwegian Snowballs, Kourambie, Walnut Delights, Pecan Petites, Holiday Nuggets, Swedish Heirloom Cookies …these melt-in-your-mouth cookies are known by many different names around the world. My grandmother called them Sugar Butter Balls. How to make Mexican Wedding Cookies or Russian Tea Cakes. Mexican Wedding Cookies or Snowball cookies or Sweethearts, whatever you want to call them, they are all the same basic recipe: a really buttery not-very-sweet shortbread dough, with chopped nuts mixed in. They bake up into a delightful little ball of a cookie that doesn't spread much.