For Osechi Cake-Like Fluffy Date-maki (Rolled Fishcake Omelette). Datemaki are Japanese sweet rolled omelette made of egg and hanpen. It's typically served as part of osechi ryori during Japanese New Year's celebration. Made with egg and hanpen (fish cake), this sweet rolled omelette (Datemaki) is a delicious.
Great recipe for For Osechi Cake-Like Fluffy Date-maki (Rolled Fishcake Omelette). Datemaki is one of the dishes I cook for our Osechi-Ryori (traditional Japanese New Year's food eaten during the first three days of the New But it is also great for bento 🙂 It looks like Tamagoyaki (rolled omelet) but the texture is fluffier and tastes bit sweeter. Tamagoyaki is Japanese rolled omelette with dashi and soy sauce, enjoyed during Japanese The great thing about making Japanese rolled omelette at home is that you have the flexibility to Hello Nami – Last year I made your datemake. You can have For Osechi Cake-Like Fluffy Date-maki (Rolled Fishcake Omelette) using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of For Osechi Cake-Like Fluffy Date-maki (Rolled Fishcake Omelette)
- You need 180 grams of Hanpen.
- You need 8 large of Egg.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Dashi stock.
- It’s 7 tbsp of Raw cane sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Mirin.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sake.
- You need 1 tsp of Usukuchi soy sauce.
It was so delicious, but I forgot to get a fish cake this time. Datemaki is a Japanese sweet rolled omelette traditionally eaten for the New Year as a part of Osechi Ryori. This easy version comes together from just a handful of ingredients and yet it is fluffy and moist. Put everything in a food processor and mix until smooth.
For Osechi Cake-Like Fluffy Date-maki (Rolled Fishcake Omelette) instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180℃. Combine the eggs and sugar and whip with a hand mixer until thick..
- In a separate bowl, combine the hanpen and other seasoning ingredients, and whip until creamy..
- Gently fold together the mixtures from Step 1 and Step 2, pour onto a baking tray, then use a bench scraper or similar tool to even the surface. Bake for about 15 minutes until golden brown..
- When finished, transfer to a thick-slat bamboo sushi mat, then, using a long knife, cut shallow lines, every 2 cm, along the surface of the cake..
- Starting from the end closest to you, roll the sushi mat tightly, lifting it as you roll. Wrap in plastic wrap for a moist result..
- Cool, slice into your desired thickness, then serve!.
- I used this recipe for my osechi box in 2013. (See.
Heat Tamagoyaki pan with oil. 伊達巻 Datemaki (Sweet Rolled Omelette). Datemaki looks like tamagoyaki, but it's made fluffier and sweeter with the additional ingredient called hanpen (a fish cake). In the past, Japanese people traditionally rolled important documents and paintings, and since the. Fluffy and light on the tongue thanks to the hanpen (fish cakes), Datemaki (伊達巻) are rolled omelets, similar to Tamagoyaki with a characteristic wavy edges. RECIPE ▶ bit.ly/Datemaki WATCH ON YOUTUBE ▶ bit.ly/DatemakiVideo.