Oreo Truffle Stuffed Cupcakes. After making cupcakes stuffed with peanut butter balls this weekend, I had to come up with a nut free version for my nut allergy kiddo, who was feeling all kinds of left out of the stuffed cupcake enjoyment. Since we love making cupcake pops with the Oreo Truffle recipe, I figured I would try that. This homemade chocolate cupcake recipe is filled with an Oreo truffle filling and topped with homemade vanilla buttercream frosting!
Mix up the cake mix according to the package directions. You can use either side of the cookie for this. I leave the frosting on the cookies too. You can make Oreo Truffle Stuffed Cupcakes using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oreo Truffle Stuffed Cupcakes
- You need 1 1/2 packages of Regular Oreos.
- It’s 1 package (8 oz) of Cream Cheese.
- You need 1 box of Cake Mix (Any works; I used Betty Crocker Classic Yellow) Ingredients for the cake.
- Prepare 1 cup of Butter.
- It’s 6 cups of Powdered Sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of Milk.
- You need 2 tsp of Pure Vanilla Extract.
Fill the liners one third full of batter. Drop a frozen Oreo truffle into each cupcake liner. Top with enough batter to cover the truffle. Oreo Truffle Stuffed Cupcakes *NOTE: The following recipe is fairly time-consuming, especially if you aren't used to baking from scratch.
Oreo Truffle Stuffed Cupcakes step by step
- Oreo Truffles.
- Crush 1 package of oreos in food processor or in a ziploc bag..
- Add 3/4- 1 package of cream cheese. Mix with hands until big ball is formed..
- Spoon into inch sized balls. Put in freezer for at least 20 minutes..
- Make cake according to directions on box. Line the cupcake pan with liners..
- Spoon enough batter into each cup to cover the bottom. Add the oreo truffles. Fill the rest of the cup, covering the truffle completely. Bake according to cake package..
- Frosting (Magnolia Bakery Vanilla Buttercream).
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine butter, 4 cups sugar, milk and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until smooth and creamy, 3 to 5 minutes. Gradually add remaining sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating for about 2 minutes after each addition, until icing reaches desired consistency; you may not need to add all the sugar..
- Add desired amount of crushed oreos..
- Frost cupcakes when completely cooled. (Can top each cup cupcake with an Oreo.).
Super soft and moist Coffee Cupcakes topped with ultra creamy Coffee Mascarpone Frosting. Easy to make and a dream for coffee lovers. Please practice hand-washing and social distancing, and check out our resources for adapting to these times.. Oreo Stuffed Cupcakes – Crafty Morning. See more ideas about Cupcake recipes, Oreo cupcakes, Oreo.