Egg & Dairy Free Creamy Easy Apple Pie.
You can have Egg & Dairy Free Creamy Easy Apple Pie using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Egg & Dairy Free Creamy Easy Apple Pie
- You need of ≪Filling≫.
- You need of Apples.
- You need of Raisins.
- You need of Apple juice.
- You need of Katakuriko.
- You need of Water.
- You need of ≪Pie pastry≫.
- It’s of Cake flour.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Vegetable oil.
- Prepare of Apple juice.
- It’s of ≪Topping ≫.
- Prepare of Maple syrup.
Egg & Dairy Free Creamy Easy Apple Pie instructions
- Peel the apples, cut into 8 equal portions, remove the core, and soak the apples in salt water. Slice the apples into 5 mm wedges. Place the sliced apples in a pot and cover with a lid..
- Steam-cook the apples from Step 1 over low heat. Occasionally stir with a spatula, and when the apples become translucent, add the raisins and apple juice. Cover again and simmer for another 5 minutes..
- Add the katakuriko dissolved in the listed amount of water to the apples from Step 2. Mix by folding in the ingredients and turn off the heat..
- Combine the flour and salt in a bowl, and work the oil into the flour with your hands. Add the apple juice and knead, making sure you don't overdo it..
- Once the pastry from Step 4 comes together, divide into 2 portions. Place each portion onto a sheet of parchment paper, cover with plastic wrap, and roll out with a rolling pin..
- Line a pie plate with one of the pastries, pierce holes in the bottom using a fork, and pour in the filling from Step 3. Cut the other pastry into strips and place in a lattice on top..
- Bake in an oven pre-heated to 200°C for 15-20 minutes, then lower the heat to 180°C and bake for 20 minutes. Brush the surface with maple syrup and the apple pie is done..
- If you find the lattice in Step 6 to be too much trouble, simply lay the pastry on top, make a cross cut in the middle with a knife, and bake..
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad