Brad's panini w/ cream of broccoli & turnip green soup.
You can cook Brad's panini w/ cream of broccoli & turnip green soup using 24 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Brad's panini w/ cream of broccoli & turnip green soup
- It’s of For the soup.
- Prepare 2 tbs of butter.
- You need 1 of large shallot, sliced.
- You need 3 cloves of minced garlic.
- It’s 4 of large broccoli crowns with a few inches of stem on each one.
- You need 3 qts of chicken broth.
- It’s 2 tbs of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 lb of chopped turnip greens.
- You need 3 sprigs of fresh tarragon.
- You need 1 qt of whipping cream, not heavy cream.
- You need 2 cups of grated smoked cheddar cheese.
- It’s of Cornstarch slurry…,optional.
- Prepare of French fried onions for garnish.
- Prepare of For the panini.
- You need 9 of grain whole wheat bread.
- You need of Softened butter.
- You need of Sliced smoked Swiss cheese.
- Prepare of Sliced smoked Muenster cheese.
- You need of Beechwood smoked ham, deli sliced.
- You need of Jerk spiced turkey, deli sliced.
- Prepare of Thin sliced sweet onion.
- You need of Thin sliced tomato.
- It’s of Thin sliced avocado.
- Prepare of Mayonnaise and spicy brown mustard.
Brad's panini w/ cream of broccoli & turnip green soup instructions
- Start with the soup. Heat a large Dutch oven over medium heat. When heated add butter and shallots. Sauté until shallots start to caramelize. Add garlic and sauté 2 more minutes..
- Separate the broccoli stalks from the broccoli florets. Slice broccoli stalks thinly. Set aside..
- When shallots are done, add broth and vinegar. Bring to a boil. Add broccoli stalks and cook until they tenderize..
- Then add broccoli florets, turnip greens, and tarragon. Simmer until everything tenderizes..
- Use an immersion blender to blend everything in the pot until it is smooth. Add half and half. Bring back to a simmer. Stir often. add salt and pepper to taste. If you are good with the consistency, move to next step. If you feel it needs to be a little thicker, mix cold water and corn starch at a 1:1 ratio. Slowly add to simmering soup until you get desired consistency..
- Add cheddar to soup and stir until melted..
- I used a George foreman grill to cook the paninis, but in a pan works too..
- Butter the outsides of the slices of bread. On the insides, spread mayo and mustard. Next layer your desired ingredients on your sandwiches. Use a little cheese in between each layer to kind of act like glue..
- Grill or fry until golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted. Slice sandwiches in half..
- Add soup to a bowl. Garnish with fried onions. Serve sandwiches on a plate. Enjoy..
recipe by wingmaster835 @cookpad