Egg & Dairy-Free Decorated Cake.
You can have Egg & Dairy-Free Decorated Cake using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Egg & Dairy-Free Decorated Cake
- You need of ◎Whole wheat cake flour.
- Prepare of ◎Strong bread flour.
- Prepare of ◎Baking powder.
- Prepare of ◎Salt.
- It’s of ☆Vegetable oil.
- You need of ☆Maple syrup.
- Prepare of ☆Marmalade jam.
- It’s of ☆Soy milk.
- It’s of pack Soy milk whipped cream (or heavy cream).
- You need of Beet sugar (or regular sugar).
- Prepare of (Lemon juice).
- You need of Your choice of fruit.
Egg & Dairy-Free Decorated Cake step by step
- Lightly grease a cake tin with oil and line with parchment paper (bottom and sides.) Preheat the oven to 180°C..
- Add the dry ingredients marked with ◎ to a bowl and mix with a whisk to incorporate air. Add the wet ingredients marked with ☆ to a separate bowl and mix together well..
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients in one go and mix with a whisk until there are no lumps left..
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin and bake for about 30 minutes at 180°C. Insert a skewer into the middle to check if it's done; if it comes out clean, it's ready..
- Leave the cake in the tin and cool for approx. 10 minutes. Flip the cake out onto a wire rack and cool for a further 30 minutes. It'll dry out less if you leave the parchment paper attached..
- Peel off the paper and tightly wrap with cling film. Put the cake inside a plastic bag and cool in the refrigerator. (If you cool it for 1-2 hours it'll be easier to decorate.).
- Add the soy milk whipped cream to a bowl along with the beet sugar and whip until stiff peaks form. This cream is harder to stiffen than normal heavy cream, so if you're having trouble add a little lemon juice..
- Take the cake out of the refrigerator and slice a little off the top to level it out. Slice the cake in half to create 2 layers. Wrap the top layer in cling film to prevent it from drying out..
- Spread cream over the top of the lower cake layer and add some fruit over the top. Spread cream over the top of the fruit as well..
- Unwrap the top cake layer and place it on top of the bottom later. Spread cream over the top and along the sides of the cake. Decorate the top of the cake with fruit and other decorations..
- Place a cake dome over the top of the cake and leave it in the fridge until the cream has set. Leave it to chill in the fridge until it's ready to eat..
- Cut and serve..
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad