Crock pot leftover bone in ham lentil soup.
You can have Crock pot leftover bone in ham lentil soup using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crock pot leftover bone in ham lentil soup
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of lentil beans.
- Prepare 1.5 pound of left over bone in ham or less to like.
- You need 5 pieces of hickory thick bacon.
- Prepare 3 of carrots.
- It’s 3 of red potatoes.
- Prepare 3 of celery sticks.
- It’s 1 of red tomato.
- It’s 1/4 of white onion.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 leaves of epazote herb.
- Prepare 2-3 cups of water.
- You need of Crock pot 6-8 quart oval.
Crock pot leftover bone in ham lentil soup step by step
- Start by placing lentil beans in a bowl. Soak in water for 1 hour or until you see water absorbed..
- Cut potatoes, carrots, celery, onions, garlic. Place in crock pot..
- Rinse lentil beans and set on top of vegetables..
- Pour in water into crock pot to cover ingredients. Add water to be about 1/4 inch above lentil..
- Place bacon, then place cut up ham. Then add salt, and pepper, last add epazote. Cover and set time on crock pot for 4-8 hours. I usually cook overnight and in the morning it smells amazing..
recipe by Lynda Leal @cookpad