Crockpot pinto beans.
You can cook Crockpot pinto beans using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crockpot pinto beans
- It’s 2 cups of dry pinto beans (sorted,cleaned and soaked).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need as needed of pieces of ham.
- You need 6-7 cups of or as needed- chicken broth and water(i did a mixture, but used more broth than water).
- It’s to taste of seasonings (salt, pepper, garlic/onion powder, McCormick vegetable seasoning, and a bay leaf).
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of bacon grease.
- You need 1 of onion (diced, and cooked in with the beans, and then i also put some raw on top of my cooked beans once i made me a bowl. i love onions! lol.
- You need 2 pieces of smoked hickory bacon.
Crockpot pinto beans instructions
- Sorted, washed and soaked beans overnight in water. NEXT day, drained and rewashed beans and added to crockpot..
- Added all the ingredients to crockpot, except ham pieces. Because, i used the precooked ham pieces. So i added them once beans had been cooking for a couple hours so the ham dont turn so dark brown and dried out looking. Cook on high for 4 hours, or low 6 hours..
- Also, if broth/water starts to cook out of them midway, just add more..
recipe by LISA DUNSON @cookpad