Kabocha Squash Cheesecake with Caramelized Walnuts.
You can cook Kabocha Squash Cheesecake with Caramelized Walnuts using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kabocha Squash Cheesecake with Caramelized Walnuts
- It’s of Crust.
- It’s 70 grams of Crackers or cookies.
- Prepare 35 grams of Melted butter (unsalted).
- Prepare of Batter.
- You need 150 grams of Kabocha squash (peeled and seeded).
- You need 200 grams of Cream cheese.
- You need 100 grams of Sour cream.
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- You need 80 of to 90 grams Cane sugar.
- You need 100 ml of Heavy cream.
- It’s 1 tsp of Lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Rum.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ○ Cake flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ○ Cinnamon powder.
- Prepare of Toppings (can be omitted).
- It’s 100 grams of Walnuts (roughly chopped).
- You need 100 grams of Caramel Creamor 2360958).
Kabocha Squash Cheesecake with Caramelized Walnuts step by step
- Preparations: ● Cut the kabocha into appropriate sizes, dampen lightly with water, cover with plastic wrap and microwave until soft..
- ● Bring the cream cheese, sour cream, and eggs to room temperature. ● Sift the flour and cinnamon powder together..
- ● Line the bottom and side of the mold with parchment paper, and cover the outside with aluminum foil. ● Preheat the oven to 170℃. ● Prepare hot water for baking later..
- Finely grind the cookies, and mix in the melted butter to moisten. Spread evenly on the bottom of the mold..
- Add the softened kabocha in a food processor and mix. Mix in the eggs, and after that, carefully mix in all the other ingredients in the listed order..
- Pour batter into the mold. Place it on a baking sheet filled with hot water and bake for 45 to 50 minutes. It's done once the skewer comes out clean..
- Once baked, tap the mold on countertop from about 15 cm above to eliminate any hot air. Place a knife between the mold and parchment paper and run it around once..
- Place it on a cooling rack to cool. Let it rest overnight in the refrigerator. Remove from the mold the next day and it's done The walnut toppings are optional..
- Toppings: Add the walnuts in a frying pan and dry roast over low heat until it starts to make a crinkly sound..
- Add caramel cream and walnuts in a bowl and combine together. You can use more cream if you like..
- As soon the nuts and caramel are mixed, spread out evenly on top of the cheesecake. Sprinkle the top with pumpking seeds too if you have some to finish..
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad