Dairy-free Spiced Clementine Cake.
You can cook Dairy-free Spiced Clementine Cake using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dairy-free Spiced Clementine Cake
- It’s of For the cake.
- You need of Approx. 375g whole clementines, roughly 4-5 clementines.
- It’s of large eggs.
- It’s of golden caster sugar.
- You need of ground almonds.
- It’s of baking powder.
- You need of mixed spice.
- You need of For the lime & rosewater icing.
- Prepare of icing sugar.
- It’s of lime juice.
- It’s of rosewater.
- You need of Pink gel food colouring.
Dairy-free Spiced Clementine Cake step by step
- Grease and line with parchment a 20cm/8inch cake pan..
- Prepare the clementines: place the whole clementines into a saucepan. Add enough cold water to come up just below halfway of the clementines and place over a high heat. Bring to the boil, partially cover with a lid and boil for around 1 hour until soft. Keep an eye on it in case the water dries up, you don’t want to burn your saucepan!.
- Drain, discarding the cooking water. Cut the clementines in half, remove the pips and set aside to cool..
- Once cool, preheat the oven to put the oven to 180 degrees fan..
- Put the whole clementines (skins, pith, fruit and everything) into a food processor and blitz. Add the eggs and blitz for a minute to get some air into them. Then add all the other cake ingredients to the processor and blitz until fully mixed..
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake pan and bake in the centre of the oven for 50 minutes – 1 hour. A skewer when inserted should come out clean..
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack, but still in the tin. Once cool, you can remove it from the tin and get started on the icing..
- For the icing: mix together the icing sugar, lime juice and rosewater until a smooth runny-ish paste. If you feel it’s too thick, add a tiny dash of water. Add the pink food colouring and mix well..
- Brush the icing over the top of the cake only. While still a bit wet, sprinkle over some desiccated coconut..
- First, prepare the clementines for the cake.
recipe by Jodie Mann @cookpad