Sweet Pumpkin Cake.
You can have Sweet Pumpkin Cake using 13 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet Pumpkin Cake
- You need of Unsalted butter.
- It’s of + 30 grams Sugar.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of ☆Heavy cream.
- Prepare of each ☆Milk, condensed milk.
- You need of ☆Rum.
- You need of Kabocha squash.
- You need of Almond flour.
- Prepare of Egg.
- It’s of ◎Cake flour.
- You need of ◎Baking powder.
- You need of ◎Cinnamon powder (optional).
- It’s of Walnuts, raisins etc. (optional).
Sweet Pumpkin Cake step by step
- Take the skin, seeds and fibrous part off the kabocha squash, cut up and microwave until tender. Pass through a sieve, and measure out 160 g. Mix in 15 g of sugar..
- Put the butter in a bowl and bring to room temperature. Bring the egg to room temperature too. If needed, line the cake tin you'll be using with parchment paper..
- Start preheating the oven to 180°C. Sift the ◎ ingredients together. It's just a small amount so a tea strainer is handy for this..
- Cream the butter until smooth with a whisk. Add the remaining 30 g of sugar and cream together well. When its light and fluffy, add in the salt..
- Add all the ☆ ingredients in the order listed, then add the kabocha squash from step 1 (in 2 to 3 batches) and mix in. If you want to omit the rum, substitute a little milk. Mix in the almond flour..
- Add the egg, and mix well again. You don't have to beat the egg in a separate bowl, just break it straight in. Next, sift in the ◎ ingredients and mix. You can just use a whisk for this..
- Pour the batter into the cake tin, level out the surface, and bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes..
- This is how it looks when it's done baking. The baking time is a guideline, so please adjust it to your oven..
- Leave the cake covered until it settles and becomes easy to cut..
- When it has cooled down, it will shrink a bit as shown..
- Cut into easy to eat pieces and it's done. In the main photo above, I topped each piece with a mixture of cream cheese, heavy cream, and a little sugar, plus raisins etc..
- Bonus: This is the same cake baked in a 15 x 15cm square tin. Baking time is 20 minutes. I added pumpkin seeds on top at step 7..
- You can use honey instead of the condensed milk. I didn't use much butter, so I added the condensed milk to make the cake easier to cut into slices. Use whichever you like. However, if you use honey, the cake will brown a little faster, so be careful not to let it burn. This is one I made with honey, by the way..
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad