Half-cooked Omelet Cake with Caramelized Bananas. Caramelized Banana Upside-Down Cake. by: Jessie Sheehan. Here in New Orleans, cooked bananas = Bananas Foster. I. added cinnamon, rum, banana liquor, flambeed then let it reduce a bit.
Tip: As you see below, I sliced these bananas in long halves. You can slice the bananas any which way and the recipe will still work. For bananas, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. You can make Half-cooked Omelet Cake with Caramelized Bananas using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Half-cooked Omelet Cake with Caramelized Bananas
- Prepare 2 of Eggs (separate into yolks and whites).
- It’s 2 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 1 of Banana.
- It’s 200 ml of Ice cream (any flavor).
- You need 1 of Powdered sugar (optional).
For Pan Cake Batter: Take a bowl and put white flour, salt, sugar, soda, milk and egg beat them with whisk Now take a frying pan, add clarified butter put the peeled bananas and fry them for couple of minutes till the bananas get caramelized. Hands down, caramelized bananas are one of my favorite breakfast food toppers. Can we all make Coconut Chia Oats with Caramelized Bananas today? Maybe even with a sprinkle of chocolate…you know for the extra antioxidants??
Half-cooked Omelet Cake with Caramelized Bananas step by step
- Slice the banana to 1 cm rounds..
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a frying pan on low heat..
- Add the banana to Step 2 and lightly cook. Then add 1 tablespoon of sugar and once they have caramelized, remove from the pan and set aside..
- Whip the egg whites until peaks form..
- Add half of the egg whites to the egg yolk and gently mix. Add 1 tablespoon of sugar..
- Add the remaining egg whites and mix in gently..
- Put 1/2 tablespoon of butter into the frying pan, turn the heat to very low, pour in half of the batter from Step 6, cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes..
- Place half of the bananas from Step 3 onto Step 7. Use a spatula to softly fold in the batter to form an omelet. Cook the remaining batter in the same fashion..
- Arrange on a plate, scoop on some ice cream, dust with powdered sugar, and it's all done. It's so fluffy and the ice cream is deliciously runny. I can't stop eating it!.
Banana pancakes with caramelized bananas and toasted pecans—aka definitely a sleep-in, pretend-it's-the-weekend kind of treat. Our basic banana pancake batter comes together in under five minutes and the caramelized bananas easily cook down while the. This luscious version is topped with caramelized bananas. Cut the bread slices in half, add to the egg mixture and turn gently to coat evenly. Variation: Sliced apples, pears, nectarines or peaches are all meltingly delicious when caramelized in butter and sugar.