Italian wedding soup. Looking For Italian Wedding Soup Recipes? We Have Almost Everything On eBay. Stir in the cheese, beef and pork.
Crumble beef and sausage over mixture and mix lightly but thoroughly. In large sauce pan, heat broth to boiling; stir in spinach, orzo, carrot& meatballs. Italian Wedding Soup is warm and comforting and filled with tender chicken meatballs, carrots, spinach, and acici de pepe. You can have Italian wedding soup using 18 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Italian wedding soup
- It’s of meatballs.
- Prepare 1 of small onion. grated.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of chopped fresh italian parsley.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 slice of fresh white bread crust trimmed, torn into small pieces.
- It’s 1/2 cup of grated parmesan.
- Prepare 8 oz of ground beef.
- You need 8 oz of ground pork.
- It’s 1 of freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare of soup.
- Prepare 12 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 lb of curly endive or escarole chopped.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- You need 2 tbsp of freshly grated parmesan.
- It’s 1 of salt and freshly ground pepper.
- You need 1/2 box of acini di pepe pasta.
This classic Italian soup will become and instant family favorite! We love a good warm bowl of soup at our house. This soup is full of flavor, comfort and all blended together for perfection! I used to be intimidated to make Italian Wedding Soup.
Italian wedding soup instructions
- To make the meatballs: stir the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl to blend. Stir in the cheese, beef and pork. Using 1 1/2 teaspoons for each, shape the meat mixture into 1/2 inch diameter meatballs. Place on a baking sheet..
- To make the soup: bring the broth to a boil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the meatballs, curly endive and pasta and simmer until meatballs and pasta are cooked through. About 8 minutes. Whisk the eggs and cheese in a bowl to blend. Stir the soup in a circular motion. Gradually drizzle the egg mixture into the moving broth, stirring gently with a fork to form thin stands of egg, about 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with parmesan..
I have no Italian lineage and my mom never made it growing up, so for whatever reason it seemed easy to mess up. But I'm here to tell you it is so easy to make and following this simple recipe people may likely think it was passed down from an Italian Grandmother. In a medium bowl, combine the beef, egg, bread crumbs, cheese, basil and onion. The name of this soup refers to the marriage between two of the main ingredients: the green veggies (spinach or kale) and the meat ( chicken meatballs or sausage), and the beautiful flavors produced by this coupling. Wedding soup consists of green vegetables (usually endive and escarole or cabbage, lettuce, kale, and/or spinach) and meat (usually meatballs and/or sausage, the latter sometimes made of chicken and containing Italian parsley and parmesan cheese) in a clear chicken-based broth.