Hummingbird Poke Cake.
You can have Hummingbird Poke Cake using 25 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hummingbird Poke Cake
- It’s of Cake:.
- It’s 3 cups of flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of white granulated sugar.
- It’s 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 4 of medium ripe bananas.
- You need 225 g of crushed pineapple with juice.
- It’s 100 g of chopped walnuts.
- Prepare of Sweet Sauce:.
- Prepare 1 can of condensed milk.
- It’s 1 cup of crushed pineapples juice squeezed out.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Orley Whip.
- It’s 2 tubs of cream cheese softened.
- You need of Frosting:.
- It’s 1/2 cup of unsalted butter softened.
- Prepare 1 cup of icing sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 50 g of finely chopped walnuts.
- It’s 50 g of chopped pecans for topping of the cake.
Hummingbird Poke Cake step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease a 9×13 casserole dish..
- Combine flour, white and brown sugars, baking soda, walnuts, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl..
- In a separate bowl, whisk together oil, eggs, vanilla essance, crushed pineapple and mashed bananas. Whisk until all combined..
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix until smooth..
- Pour cake batter into the prepared dish and spread it evenly. Bake for 40 minutes..
- While the cake is baking, make the sweet sauce. In a mixing bowl, whisk together condensed milk, pineapple, cinnamon and Orley Whip..
- Let the cake cool for about 10 minutes. Poke holes (pencil thickness) all over the cake..
- Evenly, pour sweet sauce all over the cake. Let it seep in and cool completely before frosting..
- To make the frosting, beat together the butter and cream cheese and then the icing sugar, cinnamon and vanilla essence until the frosting is light, smooth and fluffy..
- Once the cake is cooled, evenly frost the cake all over and add the chopped walnuts all over the top of the frosted cake..
recipe by Kelly Fouche @cookpad