Homemade Leavened Scones (Chocolate Walnut).
You can have Homemade Leavened Scones (Chocolate Walnut) using 10 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade Leavened Scones (Chocolate Walnut)
- Prepare of Cake Flour.
- It’s of Pure cocoa powder.
- It’s of Cinnamon.
- It’s of Raw cane sugar.
- You need of ＊Homemade natural yeast starter.
- You need of ＊Egg (Medium) If using a large egg, omit the milk.
- You need of ＊Milk.
- Prepare of Salted butter.
- You need of Walnuts (roasted).
- Prepare of Chocolate chips.
Homemade Leavened Scones (Chocolate Walnut) instructions
- Roast the walnuts and crush them into fine pieces. Cut the butter into 1 cm cubes and cool..
- Add the ＊ yeast and 1 tablespoon of milk to a small bowl and mix well. (Please refer to the note in the Helpful Hints.).
- Mix together the powdered ingredients and sift. Put into a large bowl..
- Put in the chilled butter from Step 3. Blend in the butter by using your hands to rub it in. (Do this until the mixture roughly forms little balls).
- Add the yeast mixture from Step 2 into Step 4. Use a scraper etc. to mix by cutting it in, and gather it together..
- Add the walnuts and chocolate chips to Step 5 and stir them in. If the flour doesn't seem to be blending in, adjust with milk..
- The finished dough should be slightly floury and firm. As it's resting, it will become even firmer..
- Cover the ball of dough with plastic wrap, shape into a square, and put in the refrigerator..
- Remove the dough that has been resting from half a day to 3 days, cut into small shapes, and glaze it with milk (unlisted)..
- Bake for 15-18 minutes in a preheated 200℃ oven..
- If all the work is too troublesome, you could also do it in a food processor. Just be careful not to blend it together too much….
- After mixing the powdered ingredients and the sugar, put in the butter..
- After the butter's been cut in and the texture of the combined ingredients becomes rough and pebbly, add the egg and yeast mixture and process until it mixes in. Then add the chocolate and walnuts..
- You can also make these with soy flour..
- Or with black sesame seeds..
- I added raisins and citrus peel to the plain dough..
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad