Crock pot ham and bean soup.
You can have Crock pot ham and bean soup using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crock pot ham and bean soup
- Prepare 1 lb of white beans.
- It’s 1 of ham bone.
- You need 2 cup of diced ham.
- Prepare 36 oz of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter.
- It’s 2 of carrots- chopped.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks- chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic.
- You need 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- You need 3 tbsp of dry mustard.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
Crock pot ham and bean soup instructions
- Soak dry beans for 8 hours. I add baking soda to reduce side effects of beans. Rinse very well..
- Melt butter, add onion, carrots, celery and garlic. Cook until tender. Add flour 1 Tbsp at a time until a paste is made and everything is mixed together..
- Dice ham and add to crock pot with bone and beans..
- Add chicken broth to carrot mixture. Pour into crock pot with other ingredients..
- Add spices and seasoning to soup. Cook on low for 6-8 hours..
recipe by kabaa4me @cookpad