Carrot Cake Coffee Cake.
You can make Carrot Cake Coffee Cake using 18 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake Coffee Cake
- You need of Cake Batter:.
- It’s 2 of large carrots, peeled and shredded (about 1 1/2 cups).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly.
- You need 2 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- It’s 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- You need of Streusel Topping:.
- You need 4 tbsp. of unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly.
- You need 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of finely chopped walnuts or pecans.
- You need 1 tsp. of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/8 tsp. of salt.
Carrot Cake Coffee Cake step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9" cake pan and set it aside. In a small bowl, make the streusel by stirring the melted butter, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt together with a fork until it is combined and crumbly. Then stir in the chopped nuts. Set this mixture aside..
- For the cake batter, start by whisking together the melted butter, both sugars and eggs until combined. Then fold in the carrots. Next add in both of the flours, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Fold the batter together until it is just combined..
- Spread the batter evenly into the greased pan and crumble the streusel mixture evenly over the top. Bake for 30 or so minutes, until the center is just set. Place the pan on a cooling rack and let it cool a bit before slicing and serving..
recipe by Christina @cookpad