You can have Carob Squares using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Carob Squares
- Prepare 125 ml of Melted Coconut Oil (115 g).
- You need 250 ml of Carob Powder (160 g).
- You need 500 ml of Non-Oiled Raisins (450 g).
- It’s 250 ml of Dried Dates (120 g).
- Prepare 500 ml of Ground Almonds (300 g).
- You need of Sesame Seeds to decorate.
Carob Squares instructions
- Whisk the carob powder into the melted coconut oil in a mixing bowl big enough to comfortably fit all the ingredients..
- Mince or blend the dried fruit in a food processor until fine and sticky..
- Combine the fruit and ground nuts with the coconut oil/carob mixture. Knead with hands, spatula or wooden spoon untill evenly mixed. Scoop into a baking tray /flat dish so that the mixture will be about 2 cm high when leveled out and pressed down..
- Leave in the fridge for a couple of hours before cutting into squares. Sprinkle a layer of sesame seeds into another flat dish and press each square into the sesame seeds so that it will stick. The sweets can be stored in the freezer..
recipe by Vegan Recipe Queen @cookpad