For Valentine's: Ganache Coffee Brownies with Chocolate Coated Barley Puffs.
You can cook For Valentine's: Ganache Coffee Brownies with Chocolate Coated Barley Puffs using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of For Valentine's: Ganache Coffee Brownies with Chocolate Coated Barley Puffs
- You need of For the coffee brownies:.
- It’s of Milk chocolate.
- Prepare of Unsalted butter.
- You need of Instant coffee (powdered).
- You need of Eggs.
- It’s of Soft light brown sugar.
- Prepare of Cake flour.
- It’s of Baking powder.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Walnuts.
- You need of For the ganache:.
- Prepare of Milk chocolate.
- You need of Heavy cream.
- It’s of Rum.
- Prepare of For the topping:.
- You need of Chocolate coated barley puffs.
- It’s of Chocolate decorating pen (white).
For Valentine's: Ganache Coffee Brownies with Chocolate Coated Barley Puffs instructions
- Weigh the ingredients. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and sift together. Crush the walnuts roughly. Butter (not listed) the cake pan and coat with cake flour (not listed). Preheat the oven to 180°C..
- Make the coffee brownies: Melt unsalted butter, broken up chocolate and instant coffee together in a double boiler. When the mixture become smooth, take it out of the double boiler and mix to let it slightly cool..
- Add a beaten egg to Step 2 a little at a time and mix with a whisk..
- Add soft light brown sugar to Step 3 a little at a time and continue mixing with a whisk..
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, salt combined together once more while adding to the mixture in several portions. Mix with a rubber spatula like you're cutting into the mixture. When they are mixed evenly, add crushed walnuts and continue mixing..
- Bake in a 180°C oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Let it cool completely in the cake pan. Once it's completely cool, take it out of the cake pan and cut it into the size you like..
- Make the ganache: Melt 100 g of milk chocolate and heavy cream in a double boiler. Mix together when the chocolate has melted. Take it off the hot water and let cool. Add rum and mix with a whisk..
- Make the topping: Pour the ganache on the brownies. Sprinkle chocolate coated barley puffs on and wait until they harden. (If they don't become hard soon, chill in the refrigerator for few minutes) When the ganache has hardened, decorate with a chocolate decorating pen (warm the pen in advance over hot water), drawing zig-zags and it's done..
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad