Rich Orange flavoured scones.#Special Easter Contest#.
You can have Rich Orange flavoured scones.#Special Easter Contest# using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rich Orange flavoured scones.#Special Easter Contest#
- Prepare 250 gms of self raising flour.
- It’s 50 gms of margarine.
- Prepare 40 gms of sugar. Adjust accordingly.
- Prepare 2 of eggs. (1 for egg wash).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of bicarbonate.
- It’s of Warm mixture of water n milk.
- It’s 3 of Ripe oranges. 1 pc for garnishing.
Rich Orange flavoured scones.#Special Easter Contest# step by step
- In a mixing bowl, sift your flour..
- Add margarine, sugar, bicarbonate n rub in the ingredients..
- Grate the orange zest in the flour mixture n squeeze the juice for the 2 oranges and continue rubbing in..
- Beat 1 egg separately n add to the flour mixture..
- Pour your water milk mixture bit by bit as you knead to a smooth dough..
- Transfer your dough to a floured surface n continue kneading for more 5- mins..
- Cover it for 10 mins to relax as you pre heat your oven at 180 degrees..
- Grease your baking tray..
- By this time your dough is well n relaxed. Roll it to a medium size or 1 cm in terms of thickness..
- Using cookies cutter, cut them to your desirable size n shape..
- Cover them for 5 mins. After that, egg wash them then bake for 20- 25 mins at 180 degrees..
- Once ready, cool them, arrange them nicely in a platter. Cut your remaining orange into semi rings n use it for garnishing. Enjoy with your neighbours and those in need..
recipe by liz Ngugi. @cookpad