Vickys Syrup Loaf Cake, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Syrup Loaf Cake, GF DF EF SF NF using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Syrup Loaf Cake, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s of Golden Syrup.
- Prepare of gold foil wrapped Stork Margarine block / butter.
- Prepare of caster sugar (superfine).
- It’s of light brown sugar.
- Prepare of milled flax / linseed.
- Prepare of boiling water.
- Prepare of light coconut milk.
- You need of gluten-free self raising flour.
- It’s of slightly rounded xanthan gum.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- You need of Extra 2 tbsp Golden Syrup for topping.
Vickys Syrup Loaf Cake, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Preheat the oven to gas 3 / 150C / 300F and line a 2lb loaf tin.
- Melt the syrup, margarine and sugars together over a low heat https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/334096-vickys-homemade-golden-syrup-like-tate-lyles-gf-df-ef-sf-nf?via=androidsharesheet&shared_at=1549642703.
- Take off the heat and set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile mix the flax with the boiling water and let stand until gelatinous.
- Mix the thickened flax with the milk.
- Then add the milk mixture to the syrup mixture and stir through.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and xanthan gum in a mixing bowl.
- Beat in the wet mixture until the batter is smooth. It will bubble a bit as the baking powder begins to activate.
- Pour into the loaf tin and put in the oven for 1 hour.
- Let cool on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, prick all over the top with a cocktail stick and spread the remaining syrup over the top.
- Wrap in clingfilm or parchment paper and let rest a day before slicing.
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad