Millet Rose Cup Cake with Paneer Frosting and Candied Rose Petals.
You can have Millet Rose Cup Cake with Paneer Frosting and Candied Rose Petals using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Millet Rose Cup Cake with Paneer Frosting and Candied Rose Petals
- Prepare For of cup cake-.
- It’s 125 gms of Millet Flour / Multi Grain health-mix powder.
- It’s 100 gms of Sugar.
- You need 50 gms of Unsalted butter.
- You need 4 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Baking Powder.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of Rose Essence.
- You need 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need For of Paneer Frosting.
- You need 200 gms of Paneer.
- Prepare 100 gms of Powdered sugar -.
- You need as required of Milk.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Rose essence.
- You need For of Candied Rose Petals.
- You need as required of Rose Petals.
- Prepare 1 of Egg white.
- You need as required of Granulated sugar.
- You need 1 drop of Rose essence.
Millet Rose Cup Cake with Paneer Frosting and Candied Rose Petals step by step
- For cup cakes Mix together millet flour / multi grain health-mix powder and baking powder and keep aside. Powder the sugar and keep aside. Preheat OTG at 180 degrees for 10 minutes in mode 'toast'. Separate egg whites and yolks, whip the egg whites with an electric mixer in medium speed for 10 minutes. Keep aside. Whisk the egg yolks with a fork for a minute and keep aside..
- In a mixing bowl add room temperature butter and powdered sugar and mix well till it is pale and creamy. Add the egg yolk mixture little at a time and blend with an electric mixer until the egg is fully incorporated and the mixture becomes pale and frothy. It takes about 10 minutes of blending to get a frothy egg mixture. Add the rose essence and mix well..
- Then add 1/2 of the millet flour mixture and mix gently till the flour is fully incorporated. Then add 1/2 of the whipped egg white, mix well. Then add the remaining millet flour and mix. Then add the remaining egg white and mix gently. Place the cupcake liners in the cupcake mould, pour the cake batter into it and bake for 15 minutes in preheated OTG at 180 degrees in mode 'bake'. 11. The time taken to bake may vary depending on the OTG, so check to see if the cake is done after 15mts..
- For Paneer Frosting In a mixer, blend room temperature paneer with sugar and rose essence. Add little milk at a time and blend it. Keep refrigerated until using it..
- For Candied Rose Petals Mix egg white with a drop of rose essence. Wash and pat dry the rose petals. With a pastry brush, apply egg white mixture on both sides of the rose petals. Sprinkle with granulated sugar and place them on a tray lined with butter paper/parchment paper. It takes about 3-4 hrs to dry. Store in an airtight container to retain crispiness..
- Notes: Rose essence is available in coloured and non-coloured varieties. I used the coloured rose essence for the cake so as to get a light pink cake. The top of the cake baked well and crisped up and the colour is a little golden brown but the cake inside was pale pink. You can also add more of the essence to get a bright pink colour..
- The rose essence which I used for frosting and candied rose is colourless variety of the rose essence. It's better to add a drop of essence in candied rose so that you don't get the egg smell in it. It's important the butter and the eggs are at room temperature when blending them, otherwise they may curdle. You can also add chopped fresh rose petals into the cake batter before baking..