Smores cupcakes. In a small bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar. If you've been keeping up with S'mores Week this week, then you've already seen my Smores Cheesecake and Smores Ice Cream Bars and you know that s'mores are all the rage this week! A bunch of us bloggers have gotten together to bring copious amounts of s'mores-inspired treats.
If you have little kids, then you must know that the few days after a kid's birthday party can be pretty difficult. Make cake batter as directed on box; fold in graham cracker crumbs and chopped chocolate bars. Whisk together the graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. You can make Smores cupcakes using 13 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Smores cupcakes
- You need of graham cracker base.
- You need 1 packages of graham crackers.
- It’s 5 tbsp of butter, melted.
- You need 5 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare of cake.
- Prepare 1 packages of chocolate cake mix.
- Prepare 1 of eggs.
- It’s 1 of oil.
- You need 1 of water.
- You need of marshmallow frosting.
- It’s 4 of egg whites.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cream of tartar.
Assemble the cupcakes: Divide the ganache among the cupcakes, then. These are the perfect s'mores cupcakes: a graham cracker base, soft and decadent chocolate cake, gooey Hershey's chocolate buttercream center, and toasted marshmallow frosting.. The cupcakes were deliciious and reminiscent of the s'mores we made at girlscout campfires. I didn't have a torch so I used my stove top instead.
Smores cupcakes instructions
- Using a food processor add package of graham crackers and chop until fine. Place in bowl..
- Melt butter and add to graham cracker crumbs..
- As sugar and mix well..
- Line cupcake tin with wrappers and place 1 1/2 tablespoon of the mixture in the bottom, press firmly..
- Bake for 7 minutes at 325° then set aside..
- Mix cake mix to instructions on the box. Mine called for eggs, oil and water..
- Scoop cake mix on top of the graham cracker crust, about 3/4 full..
- Bake at 300° for 18-21 minutes (until toothpick comes out clean). Let sit in the tin for 5 minutes then remove to let cool..
- Once cupcakes are cool make the frosting..
- In a metal mixing bowl add 4 egg whites, 1 cup sugar and 1/2 tsp of cream of tartar, whisk with a hand whisk..
- Add enough water in a pot and bring to a simmer. Place metal bowl on top and whisk mixture until sugar dissolves (about 4 minutes)..
- Using electric mixer mix until firm glossy peaks form (about 7 minutes). Start on low and increase speed to fastest speed..
- Add frosting to a bag and cut end off the tip, pipe on to cupcake. Drizzle with chocolate sauce..
Just as we did to toast marshmallows for s'mores, I used the flame from my gas cooktop to toast the frosting on the cupcakes! Combine all crust ingredients in bowl. Press down using back of spoon. In a large bowl, stir crushed graham crackers, ¼ cup sugar and melted butter, until crumbly. S'mores are a summer favorite around here.