Rum Nut Cake.
You can cook Rum Nut Cake using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rum Nut Cake
- It’s 1 cup of chopped pecans or Walnuts.
- It’s 1 package of (2-layer size) yellow cake mix.
- It’s 1 pkg of (4-serving size) Jello Vanilla pudding or Butter pecan flavor instant pudding and pie filling.
- Prepare 4 of Eggs.
- You need 3/4 cup of water.
- You need 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of dark Rum.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter or margarine.
Rum Nut Cake step by step
- Sprinkle nuts in bottom of greased and floured 10-inch tube or fluted tube pan..
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, 1/2 cup water, the oil and 1/3 cup of Rum in a large bowl. With a electric mixer at low speed, blend just to moisten, scraping sides of bowl often. Then beat at medium speed 4 minutes. Pour batter in to pan..
- Bake in preheated 325°F oven for about 1 hour or until cake tester insert in center comes out clean and cake begins to pull away from the sides of pan. Do not underbake. Cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes..
- Meanwhile, combine sugar, butter and remaining 1/4 cup water in small saucepan. Cook and stir over medium high heat until mixture comes to a boil; boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in remaining Rum and bring just to a boil..
- Invert cake onto serving plate and prick with cake tester or wooden pick carefully spoon warm syrup over warm cake. Garnish with whipped topping and pecans, if desired..
- Substitution: Use pudding-included cake mix, reducing water in batter to 1/4 cup..
recipe by PunkinM54 @cookpad