Root Beer Braised Turkey Drumsticks. Knowing that the root beer reduction would be pretty sweet and would only be used as a quick mop at the end, I went ahead and did a dry rub also to sort of counter that sweetness a bit. The Best Turkey Drumsticks Recipes on Yummly Oven-fried Turkey Drumsticks, Roasted Turkey Drumsticks With Vegetables, Smoked Turkey Drumsticks.
Try braising turkey drumsticks instead of roasting a whole bird. By roasting the breast separate from the drumsticks and thighs, you can cook each part to juicy perfection, rather than allowing the the breast to dry out while waiting for the legs and thighs to come up to temperature. Those drumsticks look like they belong on a Norman Rockwell painting. You can have Root Beer Braised Turkey Drumsticks using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Root Beer Braised Turkey Drumsticks
- Prepare 3-4 of Turkey Drumsticks.
- You need 1 of Carrot Diced Small.
- Prepare 2 of Celery Diced Small.
- You need 1 of Medium Onion Diced Small.
- You need 1 1/2 Cup of Root Beer.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Tomato Sauce.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Chili Sauce.
- It’s 2 TBSP of Sriracha Sauce.
- Prepare 2 TBSP of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 2 TBSP of Worcestershire Sauce.
- You need 2 TBSP of Dijon Mustard.
- It’s 10 of Garlic Cloves.
- Prepare 8 of Fresh Sage Leaves.
- Prepare 6 of Bay Leaves.
The final product on these didn't quite match the glossy, deeply hued, and caramelized outside The bag of Trader Joe's Braised Turkey Drumsticks: The nutritional information and ingredients: How Trader Joe's prepared this This Crockpot Root Beer BBQ Chicken Legs recipe is an ideal Potluck Idea and weeknight dinner option. Share with us in the comments below! Turkey drumsticks, poultry seasoning, salt, black pepper, water. Braised Turkey Drumsticks Recipe. by Global Cookbook.
Root Beer Braised Turkey Drumsticks step by step
- Rinse the drumsticks and pat them dry. Make 2 slice marks..
- Prepare your vegetables – dice up your carrot, celery and onion..
- Take a deep but wide sauce pan and get it hot. Add a little bit of oil and put the garlic in at the same time. Then place the drumsticks in to sear. Turn them over when golden and place a fresh Sage leaf on each. When the other side is golden, remove from the pan and set aside..
- Without removing the garlic or cleaning up the pan, take the vegetables and add them to the pan and cook about 3-5 minutes until translucent. In a separate bowl mix together with a whisk all the liquid ingredients and add to the pan. Add the rest of the sage leaves and bay leaves as well..
- When the sauce and vegetables come to a simmer, add the drumsticks back to the pan. When it comes to a boil, lower to a medium/low flame and allow the turkey to braise for approximately 2 1/2 – 3 hours or until fork tender. The drumsticks should be turned every 30-40 minutes or so. If the sauce diminishes you may add a cup of water to it and mix so the sauce doesn’t dry out..
- Remove the drumsticks and place them in a Pyrex. Take the sauce and strain out the vegetables as you only want the sauce itself..
- You may cover it and put it in the oven to keep warm or rewarm. Enjoy!.
Separate meat from skin and bones. Turkey drumstick – download this royalty free Stock Photo in seconds. Cooked turkey drumsticks can be obtained by cooking a raw turkey drumstick, which is a drop from turkeys and angry turkeys. A tasty root checker library and sample app. We've scoured the internets for different methods of answering that age old question.