Chickpea "cookie dough". But will "normal" people like it? Often, I'm unsure if a recipe with which I am in love will be a hit with the general population of people who aren't used to healthy food. This Chickpea Cookie Dough is made from wholesome ingredients, but will still satisfy your sweet tooth!
Healthy Chickpea Cookie Dough Recipe – GF, Vegan, Refined Sugar Free. I'm not gonna lie, this does NOT replace eating real cookie dough. Mashed chickpeas do not end up tasting like sugar and flour. You can have Chickpea "cookie dough" using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chickpea "cookie dough"
- It’s 8 of dates, soaked.
- Prepare 250 grams of cooked chickpeas (or canned).
- You need 2 tbsp of peanut butter (or other nut butter).
- It’s 1 tsp of carob powder (or cocoa).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s of almond milk.
- It’s of agave syrup.
- It’s 50 grams of mini chocolate chips.
This edible chickpea cookie dough dip is the healthiest vegan protein snack. Delicious to dip crunchy apple slices or to eat by the spoon on its own, to fix a cookie craving. It combines chickpeas with maple syrup and sugar to make something that looks a lot like cookie dough. Does this "healthy" chick pea cookie dough taste even remotely good?
Chickpea "cookie dough" instructions
- Process the soaked dates in a food processor until smooth. You may need to scrape the sides occasionally..
- Add the chickpeas and process again until smooth..
- Add the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT for the chocolate chips and process until smooth..
- If the mixture is too thick, thin it out with almond milk. Add a couple of tbsp each time and blend..
- If you find the mixture not sweet at all, add a couple tbsp of agave syrup. The dates normally give enough sweetness. Keep in mind that the chocolate chips are gonna make it even sweeter so don't add too much syrup..
- Stir in the chocolate chips..
- Refrigerate, serve and enjoy :).
recipe by bi11ie @cookpad
Scroll to the bottom of the post for a how-to recipe video. Chickpea cookie dough is a great alternative to traditional cookie dough that's loaded with sugar (and not to mention eggs!). The texture of the chickpeas, though unexpected, create a creamy base, and act as a. Raw Vegan Recipes Vegan Treats Paleo Dessert Vegan Raw Raw Dessert Recipes Cookie Desserts. I personally love cookie dough, but haven't felt super comfortable eating it ever since hearing about a little thing called salmonella.