Dates and Ginger Chutney !!.
You can make Dates and Ginger Chutney !! using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dates and Ginger Chutney !!
- It’s 10 of -15 deseeded dates.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Freshly grated Ginger.
- You need 1 tsp of Chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 of Salt to taste.
- You need 1 tbsp of Jaggery / palm sugar / Brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Tamrind Paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of roasted cumin powder.
Dates and Ginger Chutney !! instructions
- soak Dates in warm water to soften them and grind them to a smooth paste.
- Add rest of the ingredients with 1.5 cup of water and bring to boil (please adjust salt and chilly powder to suit taste).
- Let it simmer until it turns into a viscous liquid or the consistency of a chutney..
- A common chutney dip that can be used with fritters, grilled or fried chicken or any meat, even your daily french fries. The hot and sweet taste of dates and ginger come straight from the middle-East with an Indian twist!!!.
- This is a base recipe which can b reworked to suit ones tastes any makes use of available ingredients.. One can substitute dates with apples, pineapple, figs, apricot, plums, cherries… Use vinegar, lime juice or preserved lemons, sumac to zing it up, substitute chilli powder with cayanne or paprika Use it as a final sticky rub for those gooey chicken wings or ribs, add toasted sesame seeds for crunch and extra honey for stickiness.. Work around consistency by adding or reducing water.. Hope you all love it, enjoy !!.
recipe by Jake @cookpad