Basbousa (middle eastern sweet cake).
You can have Basbousa (middle eastern sweet cake) using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Basbousa (middle eastern sweet cake)
- You need of For dough.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- You need Half of cup yogurt.
- Prepare 1 cup of semolina.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla powder.
- Prepare Half of cup of shredded coconut.
- Prepare Half of cup oil.
- You need 3 of egg.
- It’s of For Syrup.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare Half of cup water.
- It’s Half of tsp of lemon juice.
- It’s Half of tsp of rose water.
Basbousa (middle eastern sweet cake) step by step
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree for 30 minutes.
- First,mix all the dry ingredients..
- Then beat the egg very well….
- Now add yogurt and oil in the eggs…and beat well.
- Now add all the dry ingredients in the wet mixture….
- Put it in the baking tray…and draw the lines on it with knife…like pieces.
- Put the almond (or whatever you like) on the top of each piece….
- Bake it in a preheated oven at 180 degree for 25 to 30 minutes…
- After baking the basbousa cut it into pieces and put the syrup on it…after that leave it for about 20 minutes to absorb the syrup very well….
- Enjoy it with the tea or after lunch and dinner…❤❤.